Best Mexican Food in Longview, Texas

It has been a while since I have had the opportunity to eat at Papacita's. My idea for my blog today was to write about my favorite restaurant. Mexican food is by far my favorite food, and Papacita's is my chosen Mexican restaurant. 

As you enter the building, to your right is a lovely bar decorated with colorful lights hanging from the ceiling.
The cantina, also on the first floor, is decorated with vibrant colors. The décor in this restaurant makes the atmosphere special to me.
These parrots have been here for as long as I can remember. 
The music playing lightly in the background added to the sound of the waterfall wall divider makes for a pleasant ambience. 
Usually, my husband and I head straight for the lunch menu but today we wanted to have a variety of foods to try. We both ordered the Build Your Own Combo with the four items of your choice.
But first, the chips!! These are by far the best chips in Longview! The spices on these chips pair perfectly with Papacita's original salsa.
Speaking of, did you know Papacita's produces their own recipe and sales jars of salsa??
Alright, back to the food. The items I chose for my combo were the queso chalupa, the chicken enchilada with white queso, the soft beef taco, and the pork tamale with chili. Not only does Papacita's have the best chips, they also have the best rice. I never understand why other places add things like peas and carrots to their rice. Why mess with a traditional recipe? Papacita's beans have great flavor as well. I had the refried beans today but on previous visits I have had their black beans and they are incredible!
My husband chose the puffy taco, hard beef taco, bean chalupa and beef chalupa. The bean chalupa had quite a bit more flavor that the queso did, but that is not surprising since it was covered in those awesome beans. My husband ended up switching my soft taco for his puffy taco. We asked our server Logan how we should approach eating the awesome puffiness. He has seen people tackle it in different ways. Some people will scoop out the ingredients, using the taco shell as a delicate bowl. Logan has also seen others just crush up the shell and mix it all of on their plate. He also let us know that the workers actually get to the restaurant at six a.m. to make these taco shells!! I decided to eat out of it as a bowl, adding hot sauce, rice, and beans. It was my favorite item on my plate. 

So this was my visit to my favorite Mexican restaurant! What is your favorite restaurant in your home town? Let me know in the comments!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm That Creep

Dreaming of Escape

Prompted