Graceland Tour

 I haven't traveled a lot in my lifetime but one trip that stands out in my memory was my venture to Graceland when I was a young teenager.
My love for Elvis began when a friend of mine introduced me to his music when I was in fifth grade. I distinctly remember sitting on the floor of her bedroom and listening to tapes of his greatest hits on her boombox. I was in love from the get-go. Finally going to the King's home was a dream come true.
The land it resides on is beautiful with lush green grass and a garden-like atmosphere. The front entrance is guarded by two gorgeous lion statues on each side of the walkway.
Elvis' living room is decorated with white furniture and carpet. There is a gold trim on the entryway, decorated with colorful peacocks on the side. The entryway leads to Elvis' music room that holds his piano.
These two photos show rooms located in Elvis' basement. The pool room has walls and ceiling that are covered in pleated fabric. The TV room has a mirror on the ceiling!
Elvis' dining room is decorated elegantly, complete with marble flooring.
The simple kitchen where I am sure Elvis ate plenty of fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
The Jungle Room is the one that stands out in my memory the most. I remember thinking that it looked like he put grass on the floor, trying to bring the outdoors, inside.
Graceland wouldn't be complete without his album room that also contains his famous suits. 
Back outside, in the Meditation Garden, is Elvis' final resting place. He is buried next to his twin brother Jesse Garon, his parents Gladys and Vernon, and his grandmother Mini May Presley. 
I was very fortunate to be able to visit Graceland and I hope to one day be able to visit again. Long live the King!

What is your favorite vacation spot? I would love to read your stories in the comments!















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm That Creep

Dreaming of Escape

Prompted